Thankfully I wrote this all down right after my 100 mile attempt in May because there is no way I would remember now! I’m always interested in what everyone eats during an ultra so I thought I’d share what I ate.
I was aiming for 200-250 calories an hour. I think it worked pretty well and I actually felt remarkably good the whole time except a few brief periods.
I ate a pretty even mix of sports food and real food. I ate most of the sports food near the beginning and then ate more real food closer to the end. I also brought tons of food that I never ended up eating but I had no idea what I would want.
If you want to read the race recap – you can find it here!
Here’s what I ate:
- 2 honey stinger waffles
- 2 cheese and avocado sandwiches
- 1 piece of bread with avocado
- 2 strawberry-kiwi juice boxes
- 1.5 popsicles (this what amazing on a hot day!)
- 4 vanilla clif gels
- 1 peanut butter clif bar
- 1 hammer espresso gel
- 3 chocolate chip 100 calorie clif bars
- countless cups of electrolyte drink
- cucumber slices
- 2 peanut butter and jam cracker sandwiches
- half a banana
- 1 package of honey stinger gummies
- half cup of sweet potato soup
- 2 bites of pizza
- 2 cups of coke
- 1 cup of coffee
- a couple handfuls of pretzels
- a couple handfuls of chips
- 2 justins peanut butter packets
- 5-6 litres of water
- a few orange slices
- 1 cup of ginger ale
- around 10 lifesavers candy
- 10 salt tabs
What’s your go to race food?