I managed to run 269km (167 miles) this month. I ran in -40C weather. I ran in spring like weather in Toronto. I ran by the beach in Ft. Lauderdale and spent time outside in shorts!
And it turns out that my spring races are coming up fast! There are only 40 days until I go down to run 50 miles at the North Face Endurance Challenge in Washington DC and only 90 days until my first 100 miler at Sulphur Springs!
At the end of January, I set some goals for February – you can check them out here!
How did I do on my February goals?
- foam roll every night – 90% of the time, I actually accomplished this one!
- continue to the bringing my lunch streak – Yes, going strong!!
- do my physio exercises 3 times a week – I think I managed them once a week on average so I need to work on this in March.
- do yoga once a week – I think I made it two out of the four weeks so this one probably needs some improvement too.
Here are some goals for March:
- do my physio exercises 3 times a week – After some knee pain this month that forced to take 5 days off running, it was really obvious that I need to stay on top of strengthening all my muscles (not just the one involved with running).
- get 8-9 hours of sleep every night– I actually haven’t written much about sleep on the blog but I think it’s super important and I usually do a lot of it, especially during heavy training. I think that March is going to be a heavy training month so I need to make sleeping enough a priority.
I’m only going to set two goals for March because it’s going to be a busy enough month for me that between travelling for work and training that I don’t want to put too much on my plate. If I can do those two things really well, I’ll be extremely happy.
I also came home from Fort Lauderdale to find this new merino wool Buff waiting for me which makes the transition back to running in the cold much better. I’ll be testing it out this month so watch for a review.
What are your goals for March?